The Job Shop was happy to take part in the Career Mentorship Symposium held at Golden Gate University. The goal of the symposium was to give job seekers more face time with a recruiter and to really understand what they are doing right and wrong. Below, please find some of the topics that were discussed:
- Attention to detail
- What are some of the most egregious resume faux paus, i.e. “references available upon request”
- Using social networking
- How to prepare for an interview?
- How to research employers?
- What impresses/annoys hiring managers?
- How to handle following up before/after interview?
- What are the differences with dealing with recruiters vs. in-house hiring managers?
- How do you adopt the attitude of providing something to the employer as opposed to the employer providing something to the applicant?
- How do you dress for an interview?
- Does a firm handshake, etc. really matter?
Please contact The Job Shop at 415.227.8610 for more information about upcoming events.