You’ve worked hard all week, and now Friday’s here again! It’s time to start planning your weekend! Welcome to Weekend Planner, your weekend update on fun.
Every Friday we put together a list of the weekend events we think look most interesting and provide them here. Keep in mind there is always a lot more going on, and all it takes is a little digging to find something that will be the perfect activity for you.
Click on any of the event titles for a link to the event.
Friday, April 6th
111 Minna, San Francisco
5 PM, All Ages
SOMArts Cultural Center, San Francisco
5 PM, All Ages
Are you a member of Dub Nation? Well, this is the event for you. Come and see a Warriors-themed art show,#DubzAgainstTheWorld, on view April 6-8, 2018, uniting DubsNation and the Bay, featuring a massive, stellar art exhibit by more than 30 artists, music, sneakers, games, and food trucks.
- Friday, April 6th
5-9 pm / General Admission
9 pm-1 am / Ages 21+
- Saturday, April 7th
Noon-7 pm / General Admission
7 pm-1 am / Ages 21+
- Sunday, April 8th
Noon-10 pm / General Admission
Be ready for:
- 20,000 sq. ft. venue
- Art Exhibition x 40 Artists
- Music and vibes
- Games and arcades
- Live game broadcast
- Classic highlights
- Sneaker culture
- Food trucks
- Dubz specialty cocktails
★ FEATURED ARTISTS:
Saturday, April 7th
Vega Farms Double Yolk Custard Ice Cream, Papa Hanks Farm Blueberry Jam, Buckwheat Graham Cracker, Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Chunks
Plum Rose Cobbler
Brown Sugar Sour Cream Ice Cream, Cinnamon Oat Streusel, Cinnamon Macaron Pieces, Good Humus Farm Santa Rosa Plum Rose Jam
Coffee & Bourbon
Cold-Infused Camellia Coffee Ice Cream, Seven Stills Whiskey Ice Cream, Ginger Elizabeth Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Chunks, Toffee Sauce
Matcha & Strawberry
Matcha Tea Ice Cream, Strawberry Ice Cream, Rodrigues Brothers Farm Strawberry Jam, Almond Cake Pieces
Tahitian Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, 64% Madagascar Valrhona Chocolate Ice Cream, Marshmallow Cream, Chocolate Fudge Sauce, Ginger’s Famous Fudge Brownie Pieces, Candied Almond
Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
11 AM, All Ages
We’re returning to San Francisco for our 11th year with a celebration of contemporary handmade featuring the country’s foremost voices in craft and design.
Shop emerging and established Makers’ goods, discover rarities and remixes from local DJs, get creative while workshopping, eat from exceptional food trucks and end the day with a cocktail. See you there!
Renegade is a celebration of creative spirit, featuring the world’s largest curated showcase of independent craft and design. Join in for an unforgettable weekend of design, live DJ sets, DIY workshops, plus a lineup of local food and drinks.
Sunday, April 8th
SparkSF, San Francisco
11 AM, All Ages
We’re avoca-doing it again! April 8th, the Bay Area’s first avocado food festival returns to SPARK Social SF with all your f-avo-rites for another year of avo-control fun, food, and drinks.
SF’s best food trucks will be slicing, dicing, scooping, and mashing up dozens of avocado specialties all day long. Feast on guac-stacked burritos, indulge in over the top avo masterpieces like avocado fries and avocado ceviche, and sip sweets with avocado shakes and boba.
Plus new additions – bottomless craft beer, giant lawn games, additional avo vendors, and more space to rock out with our guac out and back that hass up to the live band!
Don’t get stuck envying the green. Please get your tickets now!
Sunday, April 8th, 11am-5pm
SPARK & Adjacent Soccer Field | 601 Mission Bay Boulevard North SF
22 Avocado vendors
Live music by The Stu Tails
Optional All You Can Drink Craft Beer
All-ages, Rain or shine, Dogs welcome in paved areas
$5 General Admission
$35 All You Can Drink Craft Beer (includes General Admission)
Free for seedlings 10 & under!
FOOD TRUCK LIST
Visit the Facebook event for food truck list, avocado specials, and live updates!
With so many ways to smash it, it’s everything you avo wanted…
Main Post Lawn, San Francisco
11 AM, All Ages
San Francisco’s favorite family picnic is back for 2018. Presidio Picnic brings together the best of the Bay Area food scene with the beauty of this national park site and views of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Held on the seven acre Main Parade Ground lawn, this weekly community event features food and drink from more than 25 local vendors, food trucks & pop-ups.
But it’s not just about the grub; visitors can enjoy an ever-changing array of free activities including yoga classes, lawn games, a Presidio photo booth, free kids bike-riding lessons from the Presidio YMCA, and nature-based arts and crafts for kids in the Presidio Adventure Zone tent.
New for 2018 is a series of monthly cultural performances.
- March 18: Ohlone Costanoan Rumsen Carmel Tribe performs a traditional welcome blessing to open the season
- April 29: SF Awakkoren Dance Group performs Awa Odori, one of the most well-known Japanese traditional dances with 400 years of history
- May 27: Ballet Folklórico México Danza appears in a colorful, high-energy performance
- June 24: Alafia Dance Ensemble demonstrate the beauty of African Haitian dance
- July 22: China Dance Theatre celebrates the rich heritage of Chinese ethnic and folk dance
Food Trucks & Pop-Ups
The rotating lineup of 25 of the Bay Area’s best mobile food concepts at this year’s Presidio Picnic includes:
- Senor Sisig: A mashup of the best that Filipino food and Mexican taquerias have to offer, serving sisig-style (24-hour marinated pork shoulder) tacos, burritos and fries
- Hot Bird: Oakland-based Nashville-style fried chicken and first-timer at Presidio Picnic
- Little Green Cyclo: Vietnamese street food hits like garlic noodles and banh mi
- Del Popolo: Neapolitan-inspired pizza from a wood-fired oven featuring local, artisanal ingredients
- Slightly Skewed: Asian-style skewers and street foods influenced by the ingredients and flavors of Central and Southeast Asia
- Gyro Stop: Gourmet Mediterranean fusion concept specializing in gyro sandwiches, falafels, hummus, and dolmas
- Jackrabbit: Creative sliders, sides, and fresh baked treats made with local ingredients from Northern California’s farms and ranches
- Seoul of Taipei: Korean and Taiwanese mash-up concept serving outside-the-box rice bowls, burritos and tacos
- El Pipila: Authentic Guanajat cuisine launched through San Francisco’s culinary incubator for low income entrepreneurs, La Cocina and appearing at Presidio Picnic as a Mexican fruit stand
- Cielito Lindo: Mexican Street Kitchen: Mexican street food favorites like tacos and tortas topped with roasted steak ranchero, beef barbacoa, chicken mole and veggie estofado
- Spork and Stix: Thai and Korean fusion purveyors serving inventice rice boxes, noodle bowls and sliders
- DUM Truck: Indian soul food classics like chicken biryani, paneer kati rolls and mango lassis
- A full bar presented by Rye on the Road featuring wine, beer, spirits and craft cocktails